I am a Creative Writer whose past work can be found in publications like Bravura, Vestal Review, and Poet’s Corner, but I was able to accomplish the things I’m most proud of once I learned to trust others more and share responsibility.
Thank you for your interest in me! I am a freelance Creative Writer who has worked on everything from short films, to music videos for local rap artists, to poetry and prose for publications across the United States (and even one in India), to of course writing for fun and expression since 2008.
I am also a 2014 graduate with honors from the University of California in Riverside with a degree in Creative Writing. While there, I spent a lot of my free time gaining exposure and practice on an Open Mic circuit through locations like Back To The Grind, Redlands Underground, and Cellar Door.
- Read The Scientist (2). Said the emcee of Back To The Grind’s Open Mic, “I’m not just reading about death here, I feel like I’m going through it with you.”
- Read The Distance Between Two Points (3). Said the emcee of Augie’s Coffee House’s Open Mic, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a performance like that before. Is Woody okay?”
Some of my more recognized words are as follows:
- Read The Woman, published in the 2012 Bravura Literary Journal, and winner of its Second Prize in Poetry. Said Elizabeth Moreno, “I want this to be read at my funeral.”
- Read Yellowthroat, published in U-Special, a 2014 anthology distributed by Poet’s Corner. Said Allison Hedge Coke, “It’s indeed like Hemingway’s come back to life.”
- Read Pale Raven, published in the 2011 Bravura Literary Journal. Said my mom, “Did you really need to use the f-word?”
As well as all that, I currently have an audience of hundreds across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, guaranteeing reach when it comes time to distribute new content.
You’ll find some selected samples of my writing below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx6zvrn18yevh9c/VG%20Writing%20Sample%20Online%20Friendly.docx?dl=0 Due to the potentially sensitive nature of this sample, I ask you to follow this link to my Dropbox, the host for this document. Anything deemed too… Read more “[REDACTED] Spec Script Sample”
CUT TO: EXT. CASTLE SQUARE – NIGHT An open area practically walled off by buildings, were it not for the four roads that merge to form a… Read more “Untitled Screenplay Collab, p. 5-6”
Nitrogen Tetroxide and Hydrazine. Two chemicals that are currently two of the most common liquid propellants in deep space rockets. Forgive me for sliding into a different,… Read more “Falling Trees And Forests And The Possibility Of Auditory Sensations”
How old are you? I’m twenty-six years old.
What do you do? I work at a (frankly amazing) restaurant to support myself while taking on the odd project – music videos, short films, poetry, prose, and/or ghostwriting any of the above. Currently, I’m working on a commissioned music video and a short film of my own.
If I want your help, what will you charge me? Rates for any project will be discussed and agreed upon once the actual project has been laid out and before work begins – but I give you my word that I will be as fair as I can be, all circumstances considered. No matter what, I will be dedicated to working with you to make sure you’re happy with what I provide.
What kind of benefits will I see? Quality work delivered on time. Let me reiterate some facts that I have already shared:
- I currently have an audience of hundreds across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, guaranteeing reach when it comes time to promote new content.
- I have had work published in literary journals across the United States, and even one in India!
- I am also a 2014 graduate with honors from the University of California in Riverside with a degree in Creative Writing. While there, I spent a lot of my free time gaining exposure and practice on an Open Mic circuit through locations like Back to the Grind, Redlands Underground, and Cellar Door.
So, not only will you have a sizable audience right off the bat (that you won’t be paying for), you’ll also have someone recognized with the experience in multiple different writing styles and voices by your side. Funny or serious content (or both, why not) in whatever voice is required. AP or MLA style. You can bet I know how to get it done.
If you were to share your work for me without my knowledge, can I trust that you would give me credit? Of course. If I ever promote something that’s not been 100% mine, the rightful name/company/source of inspiration/et cetera is always attributed (and an appropriate level of secrecy is always kept). If you simply don’t want me using my work for you, that is absolutely okay.
What kind of experience do you have? Multiple aspects of media production in an independent capacity: editing both digital video and print, camerawork, directing, and, of course, writing.
You’re new to this industry. Why should I consider you over someone who’s already established themselves? I will never argue that any other writer you may know is wholly less deserving of your consideration. However, my youth affords me something I can offer you that someone more seasoned is not able to: A fresh perspective, will to learn as a priority, and willingness to be molded. I only want to succeed, and I can be your superstar.
Please fill out the boxes below if you think I can provide the kind of writing touch you’re looking for.